8 ounces asparagus
Mixed salad greens or other small lettuce leaves of choice
1 cup arugula
2 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
12 black olives, pitted and chopped
1 Tbsp. toasted pine nuts
1 teaspoon lemon-infused olive oil
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Sea salt and pepper
- Steam the asparagus spears for 8 minutes or until tender. Rinse under cold running water to stop the cooking. Cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Arrange lettuce and arugula leaves on a salad platter to form the base of the salad.
- Place sliced tomatoes in a circle on top and the asparagus in the center.
- Sprinkle the black olives and pine nuts over the top.
- To prepare dressing, place all ingredients into a screw-top jar and season to taste with salt and pepper. Shake vigorously and drizzle over salad. Enjoy!