Ingredients for the Crust
2 cups almond flour
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Tbsp coconut palm sugar
Ingredients for the Topping
1 ½ Tbsp lemon zest
½ cup lemon juice
1/8 cup coconut palm sugar
2 Tbsp coconut flour
2 Tbsp unrefrigerated coconut milk
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Slowly melt the coconut oil and pour into a small bowl. Add remaining crust ingredients and mix until everything is sticky.
3. Line an 8×4 pan with parchment paper. Scoop the crust mixture into the pan and use a silicone spatula to press the crust down evenly. Or you can wet a different spatula to prevent it from sticking.
4. Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Then remove from the oven and allow to set.
5. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the coconut flour and palm sugar. Add in the remaining topping ingredients and use a handheld mixer to whip on medium for 2 minutes, removing any clumps.
6. Pour the lemon mixture over the crust and place in the oven. Bake for 22 minutes and then shut the oven off, leaving the pan in the oven for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool fully in the pan.
7. Once cooled, cut into squares and store in the refrigerator.
Inspired by Fit as a Mama Bear