3 T. ghee
2 large shallots, diced
1 ½ lb. mixed wild mushrooms, sliced
1 T. fresh thyme
7 cups chicken stock
1 cup coconut milk
¼ cup parsley, chopped
2 T. tapioca starch (optional)
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Melt the ghee in a large saucepan placed over medium high heat.
- Add the shallots and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and thyme and cook for about 8 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk, season to taste, and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tapioca starch if you like your soups thicker.
- Mix in the chopped parsley and serve.
Inspired by www.paleoleap.com